Have you also worked long enough to be totally in agony over the daily office drudgery and have been lately thinking of branching out on your own? Staring your consulting business is one attractive option, especially in this age when internet has matured and it has made possible for you to work from home very easily and when long distance communication has become fairly a daily thing. Given below are five advantage of staring a consulting business to help you arrive at an informed decision.
1. Be Your Own Boss – It happens with everyone. You do have issues with your boss at some point of time in your career and it can also happen quite a daily ritual even when the boss you have is the greatest in the world. Disagreement between two humans at work is quite a natural thing and it happens eventually. If you start your own business, you make the rules for yourself and you also are your own boss.
2. Freedom from Office Politics – Another advantage aside from being your own boss is that you do not have to have coworkers. This means that you will have to do all types of work of variety but it also implies that you do not have to deal with other people’s problems and your reliance on them is also eliminated.
3. Higher Income – When you are staring out, you might have to settle for a lower income but one you establish yourself in the market, and have got an established customer base, you are free to charge higher prices and in general you will surely make more money being your own boss than you will when you work for someone else.
4. Working What you Like – The term consultant is very ambiguous and this is the beauty of it too. In simple terms, a consultant is someone who offers paid advice. So you are in-charge of choosing who and in what area you give advice. You advise people on topics that you are already expert in.
5. Choose Your Own Work – As an employee you do not have the option to say NO to a work assigned to you by your boss which you do not like for moral or other reasons. You have suck it up and do it. When you are running your own consulting business, you are the one who decides which job you want to take and which you want to refuse.