The success of every blog is that when visitors read your content on your blog, they are amazed by the quality of information and they leave your blog thinking “wow, it was really awesome”. And they are very likely to share this with their friends too. If you are serious about succeeding with your blog, you should be aware of certain tested and tried ways for creating wow-worthy content for your blog.
* Know the Audience – One thing to remember is that audience evolves, therefore, even if you know your audience today, you need to reevaluate it every now and then. Always keep reading about new trends that your audience likes so that your understanding of your audience also keeps evolving. A nice example you may consider is that of Ivory Soap. While they have been targeting the same demographics for so long, the ideas and morals of the same section of population have certainly undergone major changes.
* Keep Updated about New Industry Trends – The more knowledgeable you are about your niche and industry, the more content you will be producing to share with your audience. By keeping yourself abreast of the latest changes in your niche, you will be known as the go-to-person for the exact information in the industry. Apart from that by reading and deeply studying information about your industry, you yourself will also get better at whatever you do and the overall effect will be reflected in the content you create for your website.
* Tags and URL Structure – There are many bloggers who are not aware of the power of tags and the right kind of URL structure to be used in blog posts. These are still very important factors. Your URL should be unique and keyword rich. And the best tags t be used should be based on the content itself. And never forget to make the tags on your images count.
* Know the Numbers – Be aware of the kinds of posts that get most popular on your blog. If you already do not track this, you should start right away. Once you start to pinpoint the kinds of posts that get the most traction in the form of engagement, shares, views and conversions etc, you can go on to build even more similar content for your blog and you can also get the best possible return on the already popular ones by promoting these even harder.
* Write Shareable Content – The content which is image rich or also has some video aspects is shared more than the simple text content. Write more content of the type that your audience engages with more and shares.
* Internal Linking – One way of creating impact with new posts and also increase the wow factor in your content is by regularly linking to your existing posts in new posts which are related to the existing ones.
* Study How Keywords Work – Keywords are of many types ranging from short to long tail keywords and even in between. By knowing more about the keywords that are closely related to your niche and are important for your blog, you can make better use of these keywords. You need to be studying how keywords work.
* Use Different Content Types – Do not be shy of creating content for your blog in all different formats like images, video, text, podcasts and even more. Using all different types of interest content formats will make your blog more interesting and dynamic. For example next time, you are trying to publish a post about ‘how to do …something’, produce it in a video format.
* Increase Reader Engagement – While writing content also keep your focus on things like call to action and other engagement ideas. Properly address your reader actively to take action like click, read, comment, buy or any other action you want your reader to take. If you leave the ‘call to action’ part to chance, you will surely get fewer conversions.
By having better and in-depth understanding of your niche and reader engagement, you can create wow-worthy content for your blog naturally. If you are not sure of what content you should produce, you may poll your audience together and get their opinion on what type of content and what kinds of services and products they prefer.