There are certain characteristics which are common between successful mobile marketers and those operating in normal marketing – they strive to be ahead of the competition, understand the audience inside out, know the unqiue formula of conveying their message to the world in such a way that it finds acceptance with their audience.
1. Listen to Audience – Only failed marketers will ever ignore their own audience. Every effort marketers do is aimed at their audience. Be it creation of products, or provision of services, or promotions that are run, everything is for the audience. Since audience is central, therefore, successful mobile marketers try to gauge the feel of the audience by watching surveys, social media or other communities where their audience hangs out.
2. Be Authentic – Those who are successful gain so much attention from others that it looks like something supernatural. However, the fact is that they know the art of appearing authentic. And you can also be as authentic as these successful mobile marketers by being your true authentic self. And if you are still not aware of who that is, you should spend more time in self-discovery.
3. Personalization – There is a general principle that all marketing delivers better results if you can make it personal. And with the advent of a lot of technology, you can make that personalization a total automated thing. Personalization makes people respond better. So the secret to success in marketing is to get more personal with your audience.
4. Relevant messages – Successful marketers do not send out useless messages to their audience for the sake of it. Those who are working on content-centric marketing generally fall victim to this mistake. True that it helps if you get a lot of content published on a regular basis but every message should have a point and a case for getting published.
5. Uniqueness – By being unique, we do not mean that you should not be getting ideas from others, but always personalize the content by adding your own unique voice and personalized touch to the content that you send out to the world while promoting your services and products.
6. Consistent Updates – One critical basis for keeping yourself appealing to the audience, successful mobile marketers produce and publish content on a consistent basis. You can become even more successful and compelling if the content that is produced on consistent basis is also rightly addressed to the audience, has a point about it and is also relevant to your niche.
7. Keep it Simple for Audience – Generally speaking using mobile devices for consumption of content and interaction is a bit difficult than PC because of the smaller keypad. You might lead your audience to stall their purchases and they might stop consuming your content if you ask them to enter a lot of content via keypad on mobile devices.
8. Be Aware of Trends – Successful mobile marketers area always looking for new niche trends and pay close attention to these, especially related to mobile marketing. They remain updated about news related to their industry, area always learning new things about mobile marketing and how it affects their audience and their niche.
9. Mobile Obsession – Many failed marketers have started working on mobile marketing as an afterthought but successful ones have focused on mobile first and then all other things. Because a good design works well on PCs as well as on mobile screens.
So if you want to be a successful mobile marketers, then you should be looking to inculcate these nine habits in your own life too as a mobile marketers. In fact, most of the things mentioned above are relevant for any kind of success in any type of marketing.