Google analytics is great for keeping track of users on your website or blog. It provides very rich information about your visitors. This information can be used to further optimize traffic on your blog.
One of the questions that new bloggers frequently ask is how to add Google analytics to WordPress blog. There are many different ways to do this but the easiest way to add Google analytics to wordpress is by doing it with a plugin. Here is what you need to do:
- Sign up for Google Analytics account at http://www.google.com/analytics/ . If you have a gmail, then you can use the same information to log on to Google Analytics as well.
- Secondly you need to add your websites by clicking on Admin tab on the right side. Follow the instructions and add your website or blog by clicking on +New Account button.
- Once done, you need to note the web property id like UA-*******1 by clicking on All Accounts tab on the upper left side.
- Now log in to your WordPress blog and add a new plugin named Google Analytics.
- Once installed go to Settings>Google Analytics and add web property id that we noted above.
- Now you can see Google Analytics data of this WordPress blog in your Google Analytics Dashboard/Account.