One thing that you are always struggling to get done is creating engaging content that actually speaks to your readers and that too on a consistent basis. It appears to be a chore much like doing dishes. You clean your dishes and soon there are already more dirty dishes. Similarly, as soon as you publish new content, you already need newer content. But this can be different from a chore. You can make this a fun exercise or an interesting chore at least. After all, having an excellent content marketing plan will add a lot of value to your business standing.
1. Know The Reason – Apart from being clear about why you are creating content in general, you should also be very clear about the reason behind every single piece of content that you create. What is the reason behind creating this blog post, white paper, vlog or article? What is the point that you actually want to convey to your readers and why you want to convey it? If you have clear answers to these for every single piece of content that you create and you are also clear in your mind about the results you want to get from publishing that particular content, you will be a lot more focused than otherwise.
2. Understand Your Audience – Whatever you do should be done with the focus on your audience. You should already be knowing the what, why, where, when and how about your audience. Every content you produce should be created with the knowledge of who it is directed at and only then you can create content that resonates with your audience.
3. Plan Ahead – You should not be creating new content from the seat of your pants all the time. In fact, you should create an advanced plan keeping the celebrations, holidays, products and services in mind. By having advance knowledge of the type of content you will create will only help in adding creativity to it without stifling it.
4. Write Compelling Titles – After you have listed down the topics that will be needed for each week of content, now is the time to work with titles of your content. You can either create the titles yourself or send this work to your ghostwriter who will do it for you. By having clear titles, you can focus better on the actual content and the keywords to write about. And you can start right away when you need to produce content.
5. Mixing Up – Content is not restricted to just in the form of articles or blog posts. It can be created in many other forms too. It is a good way of keeping the flow of creativity going if you create different types of content. There are types of content which are ideal for a blog post and there are some suited for a video or podcast.
6. Ask Questions – If you are stuck and can not think of what to write, ask yourself a question related to your niche and then go on to answer it. In fact you can also write about questions that your readers are already asking on different online forums or social media. You can always be sure that if one person has asked certain question, there are many others who want to know the answer to this question.
7. List Posts – Lists work really well whether you write articles, blog posts or even videos. Every point that you touch in your list provides an opportunity to your audience to digest that bit of information and then they can move to the next point to consume more information. Those article titles that have numbers in them generally get a lot more views that those which are without these.
8. Careful Editing – Lack of editing is something that can ruin even a well written piece of content. Your credibility as a writer can nosedive even with one misused word or a misspelling and the reader will lose trust in you as an expert in your niche. Moreover, always ensure to double check your facts so that the information you pass on to your readers is accurate.
9. Stick to Topic – The title of your article or post should serve as a guide to you about what you will write in the content. If you feel at any point that the content is not matching with the title itself, pull yourself back on topic to ensure that the whole of your content is based around the title. Readers expect that the information that is presented in the content is related to the title itself.
10. Showing and not Telling – This is a principle that all of us have learnt in composition lessons at school or college. This simply means that you have to use action words and evoke feelings and thoughts to properly convey the message across to your readers.
11. Leverage Words to Evoke Feelings – There are certain words that can act as trigger words for evoking feelings in readers. If you adjust these words naturally in your writing, you can evoke feelings and thoughts of your audience in a big way which will make them act on your line of thoughts and call to action.
12. Creative Curation – Do not act lazy by just creating list based on contents created by other people. Always add your vision and thoughts to such content before sharing it with your readers. By adding new insights and dimesnions to content, you offer something fresh for the readers.
13. Use Relevant Images – There is an old saying that an image is worth a thousand words. By using an image that takes the idea of your words forward, you can make the content a lot more powerful and expressive.
And finally, you need to adhere to some sort of fixed schedule to keep producing engaging content. There are many people who are of the view that it is not possible to write creatively on schedule. However the truth is otherwise. It is possible to train yourself to write creatively and consistently, even at times when you do not feel like writing at all.
The action plan you will create, which is based on the services and products that you are promoting on your website, will trigger you to create consistently engaging content all the time.