Why will anyone need an SEO checklist? When you own a website, you definitely want that people visit it. Without any visitors your website is a cry in the wilderness which no body hears. Without visitors, you will not be able to make any money from your website. There are basically two different ways of getting visitors to your website. One is the paid way which we also called search engine marketing. In this method we buy traffic by buying advertisements on different search engines and websites.
The other method is called Search Engine optimization (SEO). This is the free method of getting website traffic. This involves optimizing your website in such a way that it gets higher ranking in the search engine results pages when someone searches for the keywords you are targeting on your website. For getting this free traffic, SEO checklist can be really handy.
You can make use of this SEO checklist as a handy resource whenever you start a new website or are trying to improve the SEO aspects of an existing website. This SEO checklist covers both on-page as well as off-page aspects of SEO.
Best SEO Checklist
- Your webpages should be keywords focused with each page focusing on only one keyword. Start with keywords having less competition and then scale upwards. Try to focus on longtail keywords.
- Keyword density used should be between 1-2 percent.
- Keyword should ideally be in the domain URL.
- Keywords should be used in the H1 tag
- Images used on website should have alt tags per keywords.
- You should create a Google Plus and Facebook page for your website.
- The website should have a Google Webmaster Tools presence.
- Focus on building natural backlinks
- Check pagespeed and ensure that your website loads fast
- Build a sitemap and submit it to Google Webmaster Tools
- Use synonyms of your primary keyword in your
- Analyze backlink profiles of your competitors and try to replicate these.
There are a few other things too but mainly the above SEO checklist is good enough as a starting point. Once your website gains visibility in search engines, you can then look for adding other aspects to this SEO Checklist. For starts this should suffice.
Image By Stuart Miles/freedigitalphotos.net